Friday, March 21, 2008

Thing 21: Beyond Myspace: Other Social Networks:

I joined 23 Things On a Stick Ning and left a "Good Luck" comment for Ann Campbell of Bemdiji on working with her 23 Things On a Stick. I added the Ning badge to my blog page.

I explored a few of the social network sites I found at Wikipedia. Most appealing to me are the ones with members having interests similar to mine to chat with, email, discussion groups, etc.

Social Networking is being used by millions of people everyday and has become a part of everyday life. It can be helpful and fun. These social networks appeal more to me than myspace and facebook. I think they seem more adult based.

The resource My Guide to Social Networks is amusing and pretty much sums up my opinion of some of the networks. I do understand, however, there are many good examples and uses for this type of networking.

No comments: