Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thing 23: One Last Thing:

This has been a personal challenge for me! I definately think this program is worthwhile for libraries. It has been a great learning experience setting things up and will continue to be a learning experience for me. I learned a lot from this program amd it gave me an excuse to find out about things I didn't even know were out there and to learn more about things I had a limited knowledge of. There are many of the tools that I will continue to use.

My frustrations came from not having the time or space to experiment. My challenge was completing each "Thing" while at the circulation desk, servicing customers, and working on other projects. Often it took me the better part of my work day to complete the "Thing" I was working on. I do not have access to a private, quiet place to work at the library. I just did not have the time to spend on each segment or to comment at length on my blogspot.

On the other hand, I've come away with some very valuable knowledge. I do know that learning each of these tools was not the primary point of the challenge. The point really was to expand the way we think and interact. Thank you for that opportunity!

No comments: